Dry brushing a natural way for your Selfcare
Dry brushing is nowadays known as a wellness trend but it’s in fact for centuries in use. For those that hear it for the first time. Dry brushing is a combination of an exfoliating treatment and a body massage. Dry brushing is said to help get rid of flaky skin, increase circulation, help digestion and furthermore improve the appearance of cellulite.
- Improved skin appearance by removing the top layers of rough, dry and dead skin and revealing the healthy glowing skin underneath.
- Increased blood flow and reduced inflammation. The increased blood flow stimulates the lymphatic system, which helps cellular debris to move out of the body.
- Dry brushing increases the blood circulation without taking of the moisture (Oils, fats and proteins that keep our skin healthy) the way hot water in the shower would do.
- Increased blood flow and circulation, helps with cellulite, though the effect can be often temporary, due to the removal of excess fluid.
- Unclogs pores which makes it easier for the body to sweat and eliminate toxins in your system.
- Good feeling. It can stimulate the nervous system which can make us feel good like after a massage.
What I need to start?
To get all the benefits of dry brushing you want to use a natural stiff-bristled brush optimally with a long handle which is perfect if you are looking for more control while brushing. Additionally, the long handle is helpful for difficult-to-reach areas like your back. The Dry Body Massage Brush of Mymemi combines both a natural agave cactus bristle and a long handle for better control.
How to dry brush right?
Pictured: Mymemi Dry Brush, Joujou Nourishing Body Oil.
- To start, get your brush.
- Place the brush directly on dry skin, start from the feet, applying gentle pressure. Brush upwards in sweeping or circular motions towards the heart. Lighten up the pressure as needed in sensitive areas like breasts, abdomen and neck.
- You need only a few overlapping swipes per area to not cause irritation.
- When all areas of the skin are exfoliated, wash off any dead skin cells with cold or lukewarm water.
- A additional step is to moisturize with a light cream or oil after your shower to bring moisture back to your skin. This will add even more hydration for maximum smoothness. We recommend the 100% natural Joujou Blossom Botanical Belly Oil. Its ingredients (Vitamine E, Jojoba-, Almond- and Avocado -Oil) are strengthening the skin and are improving the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
For your selfcare all you need is a dry brush and a moisturizer of your own and to start a routine to get smooth skin and an overall good feeling!
How often should I dry brush?
To see a result, we suggest to dry brush every day without using extreme pressure on sensitive skin to not over-exfoliate!
Which areas you should avoid during the process?
Never use a dry brush on your face since the skin is more sensitive.
The bristles of the brush must be generally firm to be fully effective. If swelling or inflammation while brushing occurs you should stop right away. If the skin is too sensitive a plain dry washcloth could be an alternative.
Don’t use it on irritated skin or if you have any other skin conditions. Consult your dermatologist for any questions.
What is BPA and how to avoid it?
Probably everybody has seen labels “BPA-free”, especially after BPA made headlines in the past. But…Read More
Merino wool and what makes it so special
At Little Sparrow we are very proud of our high quality home linen collection of…Read More
4th December Cookie Day
The English word "cookie" comes from the Dutch word "koekje," which means a little cake.…Read More
Eco-friendly packaging from the start
We start with plastic free At Littlesparrow we do our best to reduce our overall…Read More
The Boys & Girls section on our website has been the subject of an ongoing conversation.…Read More
The sound of natural pink noise
Everybody heard once about white noise and how helpful it can be to fall asleep,…Read More
Hurray!!! We present our new Online-Shop
It took us a while to present our new online shop! We are delighted to…Read More