Merino wool and what makes it so special
At Little Sparrow we are very proud of our high quality home linen collection of My Memi and especially of the children’s blankets made of 100% merino wool.
What is the merino wool and what makes it so special?
Merino sheep live in conditions in which the sheep we know would not survive. The temperature in the areas where they live ranges from -20 degrees in winter to 30 degrees in summer. In order to survive in such harsh conditions – merino sheep are endowed by nature with a special wool. Merino fibers are built to keep you warm in cold weather, and to breathe and cool in hot weather.
Merino Wool is perfect for all year around use! It is perfect for summer days because it is a breathable fabric that protects against overheating. Merino Wool is gentler and much better than regular wool. Regular wool is itchy and Merino Wool is not. Nature is the greatest! No other fiber could be so functional.
Beautiful and elegant merino wool blankets in different designs and colors
Merino Wool properties:
- 100% natural fiber– Merino Wool is made of natural fiber. Sheep are bred in natural and ecological habitats. They graze the hills of New Zealand and Australia freely.
- 100% renewable and biodegradable when disposed – it takes only a few years to decompose back into earth.
- Αbsorbs moisture – it absorbs body’s moisture vapors and evaporate them outside of the fabric. Its ability to absorb and release moisture makes it one of the most breathable fibers on the market.
- Has thermoregulatory properties – it maintains a comfortable temperature, keeps cool during hot days and warm in cold ones. This is very important for the very young babies who are not capable of regulating their body temperature. Their body warms up and cools down faster than adults’.
- 100% Merino Wool can radically improve sleep quality – sleeping under Merino Wool blankets is extremely enjoyable and profitable.
- Is odor-resistant– it covers all unpleasant smells and releases them upon washing. It needs to be washed rarely. Merino Wool is also proved to be sweat-resistant and absorbs sweat molecules that gives off after washing.
- Is fireproof – its chemical structure is proved to be fire resistant. Unlike cotton that ignite at 225°C, Merino Wool does not ignite unless it reaches 570-600°C. Merino Wool does not melt so it never clings to the skin.
- Blocks Ultraviolet rays (UV) and serves as a natural UV barrier – it gives ultimate protection from the sun, so it is the best choice while being out in the fresh air.
- Has antibacterial and antifungal properties – it is naturally anti-static so attracts no dust and lint and protects against dust mites.
- Merino Wool is known as anti-wrinkle fiber – as observed at microscopic level, each wool fiber is like a coiled spring that returns to its natural shape after being bent. There is no annoying wrinkle damage.
We buy safe products for our children.
You will find all the My Memi collection and the Merino wool blankets here! [link]
Dry brushing a natural way for your Selfcare
Dry brushing is nowadays known as a wellness trend but it’s in fact for centuries…Read More
What is BPA and how to avoid it?
Probably everybody has seen labels “BPA-free”, especially after BPA made headlines in the past. But…Read More
4th December Cookie Day
The English word "cookie" comes from the Dutch word "koekje," which means a little cake.…Read More
Eco-friendly packaging from the start
We start with plastic free At Littlesparrow we do our best to reduce our overall…Read More
The Boys & Girls section on our website has been the subject of an ongoing conversation.…Read More
The sound of natural pink noise
Everybody heard once about white noise and how helpful it can be to fall asleep,…Read More
Hurray!!! We present our new Online-Shop
It took us a while to present our new online shop! We are delighted to…Read More